Opening ceremony of the conference will be held in Conference Hall – Building G.
Address: Kakutsa Cholokashvili Ave 3/5, Tbilisi 0162, Georgia
Information about session venue will be provided in the Program.
Turtle Lake – Turtle Lake hill – Mamadaviti hill – Mtatsminda
The route was selected to study diversity of ecosystems, forest steppes, their density and approximate reserve, natural and artificial forest massives, growth class processes in various ecosystems, as well as to get information about dynamics of forest ecosystems. The route begins at north-west bank of Turtle Lake, directed to west, after a small ascent goes on the crown of the Turtle Lake hill across the forest on the ground road. From this point the Lake and its vicinity are well visible. After that the route descents to “Nightingale Grove”, crosses Varaziskhevi and goes over to Mtatsminda Park across Mamadaviti hill. Here, going through pine and cedar plants, the route ends at main motor-way of Mtatsminda, from where one can see some splendid views of the city.
Discovering Kvemo Kartli Region
This tour gives an opportunity to visit one of the most attractive protected areas – Dashbashi Canyon Natural Monument, observe German cultural heritage of XIX century preserved in village Asureti and taste different varieties of local cheese. While visiting Administration of Algeti National Park you will be informed about importance of establishing and management of protected areas. By the end of the tour you will get a unique possibility to taste local traditional cuisine, feast accompanied by Georgian folklore. Schedule:
- 09:00 – Leaving Ilia State University area to Kvemo Kartli direction (120 km)
- 10:00-10:30 – Visiting Teleti Cheese Factory and cheese tasting;
- 11:30: Visiting Algeti National Park Administration (Introduction and seminar);
- 12:30 – Driving to vil.Asureti, Lunch.
- 14:00 – Visiting vil. Dashbashi and hiking tour (3 km) to Natural Monument – Dashbashi Canyon;
- 16:00 – Dinner at local resident’s yard;
- 18:00 – Traveling back to Tbilisi;
Samegrelo and Adjara Protected Areas
During the tour you will visit natural attractions of unique Colchic landscapes and ethnographical features of western Georgia. At the beginning of your adventure you will sail boat through the limestone rocks of Martvili canyon fascinating with its waterfalls. Here you will visit local family wine cellar and taste bio wine produced in Georgian jars - “Qvevri” with traditional megrelian cuisine. Second part of the tour will present one of the distinctive site of Adjara region – Machakheli valley. It will introduce local natural biodiversity and culture. You will visit X century wine cellar, meet traditional craftsman and get acquainted with the local cuisine and folklore. Schedule:
- 08:00- Leaving from Ilia State University area;
- 10:00 – Having snacks;
- 12:00 – Visiting Martvili Canyon;
- 13:30- Visiting Local wine cellar and having lunch;
- 16:00 – Traveling to Adjara region, Machakheli valley;
- 19:00 – Having dinner; Day 2:
- 09:00 – Breakfast;
- 09:30 – Leaving Hotel and driving to the valley;
- 09:45 – Visiting Machakheli Valley National Park Administration (small seminar about importance of park establishment);
- 11:00 – Visiting vil.Skurdidi local craftsmen and honey maker, also traditional blacksmith shop;
- 13:00 – Driving to family wine cellar and having lunch;
- 14:30 – Excursion to Machakhela Ethnographic Museum;
- 15:00 – Walking tour to Dunga Waterfalls (about 1 hour);
- 16:00 – Dinner with traditional folklore accompaniment;
- 18:00 – Traveling back to Tbilisi (about 5 hour driving);